Friday, July 29, 2011

Five Minute Friday :: Still

I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday with the writing prompt:

Still...


Go


I sit and peer through the window, through the few 60 ft trees remaining just past the patch of green that spreads the length of this sanctuary, where I sit and sip my coffee, to the water quietly rippling and the branches gently swaying to the calm serenity that brushes through.  A pure white backdrop envelopes this scene with a fog that spreads across the heavens.

Who does this? Who draws me in with the magnificence of this creation? Who commands a storm to be still? Who is worthy of the worship I witness surrounding me? And who envelopes me within this canvas to cause me to stop, be still, and know - only the Creator.

Who am I among all of this magnificence, with tumultuous waters within, too often fighting the current causing me, too little, to notice the handiwork of the Creator?

Still, I am chosen. I am His...valued far above every other breath-taking element that bends my knee. All of life may blaze by yet, to be still is to know that  He is God.

Stop


8 comments:

  1. I am visiting from the 5 Minute Friday, my first time linking up. This is a powerful post. "I am still chosen". I have to keep reminding myself of that. Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Chosen and valued! He still amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that was a good one! Thank you for inviting me in to a quiet moment to hear his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible. Humbling in the powerful truths written here.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. In all his magnificance, He chose us! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post. So thankful for His love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is incredible! Such beauty in your words! So worth reading! Great photo too! Blessings ~ jen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!