Thursday, August 25, 2011

On Providing Nourishment

I'm over at Finding Heaven today, sharing on Nourishment. Close to my heart is that of providing nourishment for our children and so I hope you'll pop on over to gain a little encouragement and add your own thoughts in the comments. It begins like this:


It’s mid-morning and all four children are playing together – the kind of play you just want to leave alone because you don’t see it often enough. 

All too often I feel like I’m fighting for my time while my children are demanding it. Most mornings, I wake up before the rest of the house and take time for myself with prayer and devotion. Then, I’ll get started on one of my projects, such as, writing, photo editing, digital scrap booking, etc. yet, I haven’t given myself that distinct stopping point. I shamefully cringe at the sound of a waking child, quietly begging, "Not yet, I'm not ready!" There are times I, admittedly, attend to the basic needs of the children all the while stealing time away to continue that project throughout the day. In this case, my children are not my first priority and as a result, before too long, I have needy, whiny, nagging chaos.

To continue reading, click here

*I'm also sharing at Our Simple Country Life  and imperfect prose.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!