Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Internet Cafe Devotions "Guest Barista" Today!



I am a mother who is patient some days and some days, not. Some days, I feel like I've got it all under control and other days, I can't seem to get it together.

It is so good when I am able to recognize God in all of the many challenges of my daily life but, particularly when it comes to my children.

As a mother, I am so incredibly grateful for the times when I actually recognize the Holy Spirit stepping in and saying, "I have something to teach you here."

...when the teachable moment is not just for my child, but for me!

Join me at Internet Cafe Devotins to learn more about a personal story with my daughter, Alexa, that captures the essence of how our relationship with God can be very much like that of the relationship of a two-year-old and parent when it comes to wanting to do things all by ourself!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited about finding your blog! I have loved reading through your last dozen or so posts. You and "your man" have been blessed with a beautiful family! From everything I have read, it is clear that I am going to love getting to know your heart. You have a gift with words and I look forward to following and seeing where He leads you!
    Love & Blessings from Hong King,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing! I really enjoyed your devotional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your comments on Faith Imagined and linked over here. Then I linked over to your guest post and read it. Very good! I love stories about little children. Mine are not so little anymore - my youngest is 16. My wife and I also learned a lot from our children about life, ourselves, and God.

    I read over there that you live in Sheridan, Wyoming! I'm envious! I used to live in Cody, WY. The opening picture on my blog Family Fountain overlooks Cody. My son and I saw a mountain lion driving over the Big Horns into Sheridan. Beautiful place!

    Enjoyed the visit here.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!