Thursday, August 26, 2010

End of Summer

This very well may have been our last park day before school starts. So, once again, I'm capturing those precious faces.



It's hard to believe the summer is over and Robby starts kindergarten on Monday. We had a good summer and I think we are as ready as we can be for the transition. Robby visited his classroom today. He is excited!

I had a brief conversation with him the other day about starting kindergarten in a big school. I told him if kids are unkind, you can show them God's love by being kind anyway. His response was, "Yes, treat others the way I would want to be treated; and do not overcome good with evil but, overcome evil with good." Whoa...conversation over. What more could I say. I'm proud of him.

I'm ready for routines to begin at home, as well. I'll be doing some preschool with Alexa at home - a combined effort once a week with her cousin Lucy and aunt Jeannette; and Children of the Word once a week. The rest of the time? Morning routine, lots of play, and learning to be a helper to Drew and Madeline.

Fall cleaning - in the works!

I'll try to catch up on some highlights of our summer over the next couple of weeks. For now, I'll close with the scripture verse that I have recently claimed. Above all, in the end, this matters:

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 4

2 comments:

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!