Friday, March 25, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Waking Up

I'm joining the challenge to write for 5 minutes with the writing prompt: waking up.


Go.
I savor waking up to my fresh brewed coffee and devotion. My taste buds crave the creamy fresh bean coffee and my soul craves a fresh Word from my pocket book bible. This is the way I start my day. Maybe the only time I get for myself and alone time with God in a day. Imperative to a good start on my day.
Then there is the gift of waking up my children. My first born, now in kindergarten, wakes up first and I snuggle with him over a devotion each morning. Sacred time. Our time. Maybe the only time I will snuggle with him in the day. Imperative to a good start on his day.


The rest wake up to life going already...and I sigh...there are still three more.


Lord, grant me that sacred time with each one.


Stop.


I am happy to join Five Minute Friday for the first time with Lisa-Jo over at The Gypsy Mama. Come, join in, and link up!


6 comments:

  1. Lovely words. I am learning through reading these five minute friday entries that i need to change my perspective, to see the mornings with awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great challenge on what really matters at the start of each new day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i crave the fresh taste of coffee & His word in the morning. didn't use to - i use to spend my mornings rushing out the door in an attempt to keep from thinking...love the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift to wake them up happily and with a devotion for their precious day.

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a blessing! Sweet, sweet time with your Savior and your son!
    I long for those times of quiet in the morning, but it seems that lately, even the earliest of wake up times ends up interrupted with a baby's cry or a curious toddler! But even in that, it is gift. We curl up with the children's Bible and have quiet times together!

    I, too, linked up for 5 Min. Friday for the first time today! Was glad to see your link there, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet picture you've painted! I too have four children, and I too savor those one-on-one times with each child. There's just a soul and spirit connection that you miss otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!