Friday, February 24, 2012

Dear Well-Meaning Friend...

If I were in a critical, life-threatening situation and you told me you were sending me positive thoughts or healing vibes, I would have to say this...

Dear well-meaning friend:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughtfulness and support. I know you are well-meaning and how much you care about me. However, I need more than just your thoughts right now. Your thoughts are simply not powerful enough,  nor are all of the collaborated thoughts out there put together. As fond as I am of you, my friend, you are not who I put my trust in with my life. More than your well-intended thoughts right now, more than your vibes, and more than your firecracker energy, I need a miracle.

I need the power that comes through prayer. I need intercessory prayer through Jesus Christ, who sits at the right hand of God the Father, the miracle worker, the giver and taker of life.

If it is the will of the God who created me to live, then I want to live!

And if it is the will of the God who created me to move on into eternal life, then I will die.

But, please, whether I live or die, pray for something much bigger than what your own individual or collaborated minds can conceive. Pray. And believe when you pray. For you must believe that the God, who has the ability to heal, is the same God who numbers the stars, commands the sea, and raises the dead.

The one true God who holds the bigger picture and has the power to make possible the impossible.

To die would not be the worst, my friend. Not because torture could be worse than death or drawn out suffering could be worse, but because to die is to live when we truly believe.

Please save your energy, my friend. Would you pray. Would you pray. Would you pray.

Sincerely,
Theresa

1 comment:

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!