Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday :: Delight



I'm linking up with Lisa Jo at The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday with the writing prompt

Delight...

Go
He asks me if he can have a snack and make himself and sister some hot chocolate and he's seven and has never made himself hot chocolate before. But I am inaccessible at the moment and I believe he is big enough to handle the hot water faucet, so I say yes.

I like that I've given him that freedom.

Shortly after, I enter the scene to see how they are doing and both are delighted to have there bowls of gold fish, a fruit snack and their hot chocolate. With the gorgeous day, I suggest taking it outside, which turns into a full-fledged feast of a picnic.

Sister finds the blanket and lays it out on the far side of our yard where it "has a nice view," and he grabs crackers and cheese and turkey because, "what is crackers and cheese without turkey," oranges, capri suns and cookies, while I wake up the youngest two from their naps.

We sit in the cool air, all basking in something more than just the sun warming our backs.

"Robby, you're wonderful," comes from sister's mouth, she basking in his generosity, he basking in her satisfaction, and I basking in the sheer delight of my children.
Stop


13 comments:

  1. What a lovely scene! I can just imagine being there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love.love.love. this moment in time you captured perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing..a moment in life, sweet and restful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! A great reminder to delight in the days we have with our children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful delight in each other and you in them! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So truly delightful and sweet! Thanks for taking delight in your sweet children and then sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Theresa, this just makes me smile! Yes, absolutely delightful and beautiful. Thank you so much. I see Him there with you five, on the grass next to the blanket, loving this moment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this reflection on the delight of family! I can think of numerous occasions when I delighted in my little sister as a child :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh.. their delight spurs ours, doesn't it? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hot chocolate ALWAYS makes a moment better - and when the little ones make it an event - oh, how much better! Your story are what insulates our mother's hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We sit in the cool air, all basking in something more than just the sun warming our backs.

    love this line! I mentioned you on my blog today. I love this space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so sweet! what a great memory too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi friend...passing by to invite you im hosting a tuesday bloghop...hope you join...if you feel to...your welcome...loves soraya

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!