Thursday, August 9, 2012

Declaring a Bit of God's Glory {Part 3}


I'm sharing here our family's recent seventeen day trip to ten national parks/monuments: Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Dinosaur National Monument, Arches National Park, Canyonlands National park, Grand Canyon National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Ceder Breaks National Park, and Timpanogos Cave National Monument. 

Today, I'm covering our last four destinations: Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Ceder Breaks National Park, and Timpanogos Cave National Monument.

Zion National Park

At Grand Canyon, we looked down. At Zion, we looked up. Way up!
















Rob and his dad hiked to "Hidden Canyon" while the rest of us went to the lodge and ate ice cream. Here are their photos...


The trail??

Yup!





The next day, Rob and I were blessed to be able to take another bike ride together to a trail head, where we ran/hiked eight miles, round trip, up one of those mountainous formations!

Bryce Canyon National Park

Bryce Canyon is famous for it's bizarre formations like the spires you'll see here.














This was one of the more spectacular views for me...just seeing as far as the eye can see, like an endless ocean.







Ceder Breaks National Park

This was much like Bryce Canyon with spires and distant views.





Timpanogos Cave National Monument

A mile and a quarter hike with a 1000 foot grade incline took us to the entrance of this historic cave.







Robby shining the flashlight on these stalagmites ("salt and pepper shakers")


the view from the outside the cave
I'll admit, it was sensory overload by the time we got to this point, as it may be for you after viewing all 3 parts of the photos, but by the end, I could have gone another week. It truly was spectacular, unlike anything I've seen or experienced before.

And I am especially grateful for my in-laws, who traveled with us in their motor home and truly made our experience richer through our time together, as well as allowing Rob and I to go off on our own adventures and experience higher, wider and deeper all of the extraordinary surrounding us.

We finally made it home and as the saying goes, there's no place like home. 

To see Part 1, click here.
To see Part 2, click here.
To see the post that made me "Weak in the Knees," inspired by the 1,200 foot cliff we discovered at the end of a 1/2 mile trail, click here.

**I'd love to stay connected! Just click here to like Heavenly Glimpses on facebook.

2 comments:

  1. You've hit some of my favorite places in all your adventuring, girl.

    There's something about nature that instantly brings me closer to God.

    Beauty oozing everywhere, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing pictures! Looks so much fun!

    I have a new blog home, hope you come follow me!
    http://southerngirlsheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you for taking a moment to leave a comment!